The cast of the Guthrie’s The Real Inspector Hound, part of a double-bill with The Critic. Photo by Scott Suchman.
Looking for something to do out of the house now that the weather’s chilled back up again? Try one of these shows:
- The Critic / The Real Inspector Hound (Guthrie Theater)
These two plays are staples of the college theatre scene for good reason: they’re funny, have some important satirical things to say, and poke fun mercilessly at all sorts of theatre stereotypes. See the Guthrie give these scripts the five-star professional treatment.
- Dracula (COLLIDE – Ritz Theater)
The classic Bram Stoker novel gets the jazz dance musical treatment with 10 dancers, 2 singers, and a live band.
- Beauty and the Beast (Chanhassen Dinner Theatres)
CDT brings back the classic Broadway musical with Alan Menken’s celebrated score clothed in even more impressive costumes than before.
The Twin Cities Arts Reader is an arts and lifestyles magazine whose coverage examines arts and selected activities in the state of Minnesota and across the country. It provides Minnesota's largest source of in-depth, critical theatre coverage, and reaches more than 600,000 readers per year.
Latest posts by Twin Cities Arts Reader (see all)
- NEWS: Guthrie Theater Announces 2019-2020 Season - March 5, 2019
- NEWS: Ordway Announces 2019-2020 Season - February 26, 2019
- NEWS: The Grammy Award Winners and Nominees (Complete List) - February 11, 2019