The Arts Reader is pleased to announce the launch of a new column titled The Curmudgeon, in which our writers will share constructively snarky advice on public relations in the arts.
There are many reasons for launching The Curmudgeon. The first is that we have received many requests via email and social media for advice on best practices for press releases and other PR communications. We’ve also been asked for recommendations about catching writers’ and editors’ attention, pitching stories, and do-and-don’t lists. We also love snark and humor – and it turns out that many of our readers do, too!
The column so far:
- THE CURMUDGEON: Vol. 5 – The Five Sins of Publicity Photos
- THE CURMUDGEON: Vol. 4 – Lack of BCC
- THE CURMUDGEON: Vol. 3 – Photos and the Visual Arts
- THE CURMUDGEON: Vol. 2 – Who is in this show?
- THE CURMUDGEON: Vol. 1 – How Should We Contact You?
Latest posts by Hanne Appelbaum (see all)
- NEWS: Judge Rules Against Guthrie Theater in Retaliation Complaint - July 8, 2019
- WEEKEND PICKS: Space Eggs, Play Readings, Hobbits, and Sunken Pharoahs - March 28, 2019
- AWARDS: The Inaugural Spice Awards in the Performing Arts - December 25, 2018