Regina Marie Williams in Nina Simone: Four Women. Photo by Tom Wallace.
Park Square Theatre’s revival of last season’s Nina Simone: Four Women just opened last night, but the company has already extended the show’s run by one week. Last year, the world premiere of this musical by Christina Ham sold out houses, leading to an early revival just one season later. Strong advance sales led to this unusual advance extension, which was announced the morning before opening night.
Connie Shaver, the company’s Marketing and Audience Development Director, explained the decision, stating, “To meet anticipated demand, the engagement has been extended through Sunday, March 5. We encourage people to get their tickets early as we cannot extend beyond March 5.”
- Read Bev Wolfe’s review of last season’s production of Nina Simone: Four Women.
- Read Bev Wolfe’s preview of this year’s production of Nina Simone: Four Women.
Watch the show trailer:
Nina Simone: Four Women opened Feb. 10 at Park Square Theatre in St. Paul, MN on the Andy Boss Thrust Stage, and plays through Mar. 6.
- VIDEO: Cantus Sings Ola Gjeilo’s Ubi Caritas - October 15, 2020
- NEWS: Guthrie Theater to Film, Stream Virtual Christmas Carol - September 25, 2020
- NEWS: Playwrights’ Center Announces Ambitious, COVID-era Programming Expansion - September 11, 2020