Minnesota Opera’s The Shining returns on Thursday to the stage of the Music Theater at the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. Here’s a detailed look at the opera’s visual spark. What goes into this? Some of the key players in crafting the opera’s look were stage director Eric Simonson, choreographer Heidi Spesard-Noble, scenic and properties designer Erhard Rom, lighting designer Robert Wierzel, and 59 Productions, which produced animation projections. In the theatre itself, these visual elements are enhanced by C. Andrew Mayer’s atmospheric and special effect sound design.
- Read Basil Considine’s review of The Shining
- Read Basil Considine’s interview with bass Arthur Woodley (Dick Halloran).
Here’s a look at how each of these elements combine onstage (all photos by Ken Howard):
- NEWS: Hennepin Theatre Trust’s New 2021-2022 Season - January 14, 2021
- NEWS: Crooners to Reopen Jan. 28 - January 14, 2021
- NEWS: Chanhassen Dinner Theatres to Resume Concerts & Comedy Jan. 15 - January 8, 2021