Anna in the Tropics. Photo by William Clark.
The Jungle Theater has announced its 2017 season. The five shows are:
- Nilo Cruz’s Pulitzer Prize-winning drama Anna in the Tropics. Opens 2/11/17.
- Josh Tobiessen’s comedy Lone Star Spirits. Opens 4/8/17.
- Will Connolly, Michael Mitnick, and Kim Rosenstock’s Drama Desk-nominated Fly By Night: A New Musical. Opens 6/10/17.
- Jennifer Haley’s Blackburn Prize-winning crime drama The Nether. Opens 9/16/17.
- Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon‘s Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley. Opens 11/18/17/.
Sarah Rasmussen will direct Lone Star Spirits and Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley. (Playwright Josh Tobiessen is also her husband.) Miss Bennet is also the Jungle’s first holiday show, and comprises a sequel to Pride and Prejudice following the adventures of the former Elizabeth Bennet’s sister Mary. Anna in the Tropics will feature an all-Latino cast of local actors.
Latest posts by Twin Cities Arts Reader (see all)
- NEWS: The Grammy Award Winners and Nominees (Complete List) - February 11, 2019
- PHOTOS: A Look at The Father at Gremlin Theatre - January 3, 2019
- PHOTOS: Lend Me a Tenor at the Old Log Theatre - December 15, 2018