A cropped version of Take a Bow, featuring Autumn Ness, Warren Bowles, Kevin Fanshaw, and Victor Zupanc; the full image is below. Photo by William Clark Photography.
The 13th Annual Ivey Awards are coming to town. Next Monday, September 25, the annual event – fondly nicknamed “theatre prom” by local theatre practitioners – will unfold at the State Theatre in Minneapolis. The awards have no set categories aside from Lifetime Achievement and Emerging Artist.
This year, the Ivey Awards ceremony features performances by 7 local companies and more than 80 local artists. These performances showcase scenes and songs from shows by past Ivey Awards-winning companies. This year, the lineup includes:
- Chanhassen Dinner Theatres – Grease
- DalekoArts – The Rink
- Frank Theatre – Citizen
- Mixed Blood Theatre Company – Vietgone
- Mu Performing Arts and Park Square Theatre – Flower Drum Song
- Stages Theatre Company – Stone Soup
- The Jungle Theater – Fly by Night
In contrast with the Sally Ordway Irvine Awards, which have a state-wide scope, the Ivey Awards are focused on the Twin Cities theatre scene. This will be the first year since the awards’ founding that they will not be directly curated by founder Scott Meyer. Meyer, however, remains on the 12-person advisory committee overseeing the awards, which are selected from a broad swath of nominating reviews.
One much-anticipated Ivey tradition, its dazzling promotional photos, is alive and well.
The 13th Annual Ivey Awards will take place Monday, September 25 at 7:30 PM at the State Theatre in Minneapolis, MN. They are preceded by VIP and TEEN IVEY Pre-Parties at 5:30 PM and followed by an official After Party, all of which take place at CRAVE.
Latest posts by Twin Cities Arts Reader (see all)
- PREVIEW: Ananya Dance Theatre’s Annual Dance Showcase (The O’Shaughnessy) - September 6, 2018
- PREVIEW: Seu Jorge’s Slick Samba at the Pantages, August 24 - August 14, 2018
- Fringe File 2018 #23 – Wish List for Next Year’s Festivals - August 11, 2018