A walking itinerary for the 2nd day of the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
As a working mother, I prize my evenings out. After getting the kids settled enough to walk out the door, paying for a babysitter, and coordinating schedules with someone else, there are some things that I just don’t want to deal with, like changing parking spots or rushing. (That happens enough in the rest of my life.) Here’s my guide for a more relaxed journey through the second day of the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
1. Friday, 8/2 @ 5:30 PM: R Culture at the Strike Theater
One of the virtues of seeing shows in the Northeast Hub is that there are ample restaurant and beverage options if you see a hard-hitting show and want to take a break. This satirical exploration of rape culture had a controversial preview to go with its excoriating content, and promises to be as hard-hitting as the material is raw. Produced by EnCompass Theatre.
2. Friday, 8/2 @ 7 PM: A Pan’s Peter at the Minnsky Theater
One of the independently produced Fringe venues is the Minnsky Theater – conveniently about 5 minutes’ quick walk (or a very sedate 10) from the Strike Theater. If you’ve never been to the Strike before, allow a few extra minutes to escape from the labyrinth of corridors. Wicked Wenches Cabaret presents a double-length cabaret show where Peter Pan and adult games collide.
4. Friday, 8/2 @ 10 PM: Decision Artist: A Comedy Mind Reading Show About Decision-Making at the Strike Theater
One of the other advantages of Northeast Minneapolis is the plethora of free parking, so I can decide to duck out in case my evening comes to a close early. If I do decide to stay out late for another show, I’ll stroll back to the Strike Theater for Kristoffer Olson’s Decision Artist, a light-hearted mentalist show. Or duck out to enjoy beverages at Indeed Brewing, Tattersall Distilling, or Sociable Cider Werks.
Latest posts by Hanne Appelbaum (see all)
- NEWS: Minnesota Theater Awards Out, Twin Cities Theater Celebration In - August 23, 2019
- Fringe File #16: The Arts Reader Awards - August 10, 2019
- NEWS: Hot Asian Doctor Husband in Demand (Theater Mu) - August 5, 2019