An excerpt from the Doors Open Minneapolis virtual tour of historic buildings.
It’s not just the weather that’s getting changing. After weeks of self-isolation and streets even emptier than the dead of winter, the Twin Cities are visibly filling with people outside. Masks, yes, and socially distanced, yes, but the springtime urge to wander outdoors is clearly upon us.
To spice up outdoor excursions, Doors Open Minneapolis has launched an online photo contest to go with its Stroll the Streets initiative to chronicle and describe notable buildings in the city. Just as the website invites readers to learn a little bit about the buildings that they walk by, the contest invites people to submit photos of their favorite buildings and other places.
Post an image of your favorite place to Instagram using the hashtag #dompls along with 100 words or less explaining why it’s your favorite venue. One person will selected to receive $250 cash and the opportunity to direct $250 to one of several COVID-19 relief based organizations.
The contest begins May 4 and ends May 11. The winner will be notified no later than May 25.
- Anyone can participate.
- Photos must be taken of the exterior of a building in Minneapolis, and including people wearing masks is encouraged!
- All photos must be submitted via Instagram using the hashtag #dompls by no later than midnight May 11, 2020.
- The photo that the judges deem to be most representative of Doors Open Minneapolis wins and becomes property of Doors Open Minneapolis.
For more information, see: https://www.doorsopenminneapolis.org/stroll
- FEATURE: Back to the Theatre: Fortune’s Fool and St. Croix Retaking Stages - November 4, 2020
- PREVIEW: Cutthroat Rivalries, Horror, Music Conservatories in Nocturne - October 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Collide and Constantine Maroulis in “She’s Just Rock N’ Roll” - September 1, 2020