In no particular order, here are some of our wish list items for next year’s installments of the Minnesota Fringe Festival and Family Fringe:
- A return of the Family Fringe.
- Returning to a child-friendly venue like the Celtic Arts Junction for the Family Fringe.
- A Fringe Central with contracted arrangements for increased staffing during the Fringe Festival run – and a truly late-night kitchen.
- A return of the Encores (ideally by adding another performance slot on Saturdays at 11:30 AM).
- Continuing the same rapid pace of next-day posting of preview event videos.
- Setting the Schedule page to automatically select the current day once the festival has begun.
- Amending the current review rating system so that there’s a more clear connection with the number selected and the number of stars, rather than the current “10 = 5 stars” system that created many unintentionally low reviews at the start of the festival.
- Adding the ability to sort or filter shows by their review scores.
- Reconciling the remaining issues with old accounts vs. new accounts.
- A return of the amazing, female-driven and female-focused diversity of works seen at this year’s festival. It says something that “Ladies’ Fringe” and “Women’s Fringe” are being tossed around as nicknames this year.
- A return of opera to the Fringe.
- Minnesota Fringe joining the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals tour circuit, allowing more structured opportunities for out-of-town artists.
- Renaming the “Venue Picks” award to something more congruent with other fringe festivals.
The Twin Cities Arts Reader is an arts and lifestyles magazine whose coverage examines arts and selected activities in the state of Minnesota and across the country. It provides Minnesota's largest source of in-depth, critical theatre coverage, and reaches more than 600,000 readers per year.
Latest posts by Twin Cities Arts Reader (see all)
- NEWS: Guthrie Theater Announces 2019-2020 Season - March 5, 2019
- NEWS: Ordway Announces 2019-2020 Season - February 26, 2019
- NEWS: The Grammy Award Winners and Nominees (Complete List) - February 11, 2019